Team CoolDrive Darwin Triple Crown Supercars Preview
14 Jun, 2019
As winter is setting in down south, the Supercars get ready to turn up the heat! Team CoolDrive have just arrived in Darwin for the weekends' highly anticipated Triple Crown event.
The Triple Crown concept was introduced in 2006, with the crown being awarded to the driver that could clean sweep the three race wins overall that weekend. With the new format it would be awarded to the one who wins the shootout and two races; however, no driver has ever claimed the crown!
Although in his rookie season, Macauley has competed at the Hidden Valley circuit twice, in 2017 & 2018 as a Supercar wild card entry. His best Darwin result is 24th, and with his recent strong performances, he will be looking to raise the bar and set some new personal best results this weekend.
Below are the on-track times for Macauley Jones at the Darwin Triple Crown event and your local TV times can be found here - https://www.supercars.com/tv-schedule/
Friday 14th June
11:10-11:40 – Practice One
13:45-14:15 – Practice Two
Saturday 15th June
10:50-11:20 – Practice Three
13:15-13:25 – Qualifying Part One
13:30-13:40 – Qualifying Part Two
13:45-13:55 – Qualifying Part Four
16:15-17:10 – Race 15 – 120kms / 42 Laps
Sunday 16th June
9:25-9:45 – Qualifying
11:05-11:35 – Top Ten Shootout
13:30-14:55 – Race 16 – 200kms / 70 Laps
- Qualifying Lap Record – 1m05.6806s, Scott McLaughlin, DJR Team Penske, 2017, Ford Falcon FG X
- Race Lap Record – 1m06.5590s, Nick Percat, Brad Jones Racing, 2018, Holden Commodore ZB
- The pole-sitter has won just six of the last 25 races in Darwin.
- The Top Ten Shootout returns in Darwin! David Reynolds has the best current active streak of shootout appearances at 16, dating back to Darwin 2017.
- No driver has ever won a Hidden Valley championship race starting seventh or ninth on the grid, or from starting lower than 14th on the grid.
- Brad Jones Racing took it’s very first championship pole position in Darwin with the late Jason Richards on Saturday in 2009. It remains its only pole in Darwin.
Thursday 13th June
11:00-12:00 – Autograph Session, Raintree Park, Smith St Mall
17:45-18:45 – Autograph Session, Mindil Beach
Saturday 15th June
8:10-8:40 – Pit Lane Super Walk
Stay tuned to our Facebook page for updates on Team CoolDrive, CoolDrive Auto Parts, to see photos and videos from upcoming Supercars event!