Team CoolDrive Winton Supersprint Preview
24 May, 2019
Team CoolDrive head to their home circuit of Winton Motor Raceway this weekend for the sixth round of the Virgin Australia Supercar Championship. With a test day completed early last week, the team head to their home track as prepared as can be for the weekend ahead.
Macauley is coming off his best Supercars result at Perth, where he qualified and finished 17th in the 200km Perth SuperNight race. Macauley lined up at last years’ Winton event as a wildcard, where he qualified and finished in the top twenty. The young gun will be looking to go better again when he hits the track this weekend.
Former full-time Supercar driver Dean Canto will sample Macauley Jones’ Team CoolDrive Holden in the additional drivers practice session this Saturday at Winton, ahead of a potential Pirtek Endurance Cup berth with the squad.
Below are the on-track times for Macauley Jones at the Winton SuperSprint event and your local TV times can be found here - supercars.com/tv-schedule
Saturday 25th May
9:20-9:50 – Additional Drivers Session
10:40-11:20 – Practice One
13:10-13:20 – Qualifying Part One
13:25-13:35 – Qualifying Part Two
13:40-13:50 – Qualifying Part Three
15:50-16:50 – Race Thirteen (120kms / 40 Laps)
Sunday 26th May
9:20-9:50 – Practice Two
11:10-11:20 – Qualifying Part One
11:25-11:35 – Qualifying Part Two
11:40-11:50 – Qualifying Part Three
13:45-15:25 – Race Fourteen (200kms / 67 Laps)
- Qualifying Lap Record – 1m18.7603s Chaz Mostert, Prodrive Racing Australia, 2016, Ford Falcon FG X
- Race Lap Record – 1m19.7092s Fabian Coulthard, DJR Team Penske, 2016, Ford Falcon FG X
- The #21 Commodore has scored a podium at Winton, in 2014 when Dale Wood finished 3rd behind the wheel.
- Macauley’s dad Brad Jones has achieved success at Winton in the Super Touring era. He won races in 1995 and 1999 behind the wheel of an Audi.
- 42, is the number of times in 64 races the race has been won by a car that started on the front row of the grid.
- Whilst McLaughlin and Mostert have taken the last 9 pole positions at Winton (Mostert 4, McLaughlin 5), five different drivers have won the last five races – Slade, McLaughlin, van Gisbergen, Kelly and Coulthard.
- The Brad Jones Racing team have achieved 4 pole positions and 4 wins at Winton Motor Raceway.
Friday 24th May
18:15-19:15 @ Supercars Autograph Session, Winton Corporate Building
Stay tuned to our Facebook page for updates on Team CoolDrive, CoolDrive Auto Parts, to see photos and videos from upcoming Supercars event!