Team CoolDrive head to their home circuit this weekend, Winton Motor Raceway for the 6th round of the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship. The tight and twisty rural layout features a range of slow corners, which combine to make Winton the slowest circuit on the Supercars calendar.
All sessions will be LIVE on FOX Sports across the weekend, with highlights packages on Channel Ten/One HD. Check your local guides for times.
Friday 18th May
10:05-10:35 – Additional Drivers Practice (Adam Marjoram)
12:00-12:45 – Practice One
14:35-15:20 – Practice Two
Saturday 19th May
10:30-11:15 – Practice Three
12:40-12:55 – Qualifying
15:50-17:00 – Race 13 – 120kms/40 Laps
Sunday 20th May
10:25-10:45 – Qualifying
13:45-15:35 – Race 14 – 200kms/67 Laps
- Track Length – 3km // Direction – Clockwise // Fastest Speed – 225km/h // Average Speed – 135km/h
- Qualifying Lap Record – 1m18.7603s, Chaz Mostert, Rod Nash Racing. 2016, Ford Falcon FG X
- Race Lap Record – 1m19.7092s, Fabian Coulthard, DJR Team Penske, 2016, Ford Falcon FG X
- Tim has been close to cracking the top ten this year – he qualified 11th at Barbagallo and finished 11th at Albert Park. Tim has finished in the top ten here before, so will the teams’ strength of being at their home circuit bring Tim his first top ten result of the season?
- The last time a Winton ATCC/VASC round did not see the introduction of the Safety Car at any stage over that weekend was 1999.
- VASC legends Peter Brock, Dick Johnson and Allan Moffat never recorded a ATCC race win at the Winton circuit
- Tim’s previous best qualifying result at Winton was 13th
- No driver has won more than 5 ATCC/VASC races at Winton. Glenn Seton and John Bowe are the only drivers with five race wins at the venue in championship history.
Thursday 18th May
17:30-18:30 – Supercars Autograph Session, Corporate Centre, Winton Motor Raceway
Saturday 20th May
13:45-14:00 – Autograph Session @ Merchandise Alley